Would like to decorate your room or to give special present? Make your own DIY Paper Mache Christmas Baubles and decorate and paint them exactly as your imagination allows. I invited some friends over to paint the baubles together. Time well spent! My baubles got the painting of Poinsettia but I was amazed with how many different decorationsall my friends came up with.
Here are eight simple steps how to make Paper Mache Christmas Baubles:
1. Crumple sheets of wet newspaper
2. Rip Newspaper into small pieces
3. Prepare the glue. Recipe: One cup of water, one cup of flour and a little salt
4. Dip the Newspaper piece into the glue and remove excess glue between the fingers
5. Glue the newspaper pieces on the crinkled paper baubles. Make sure that glue covers all the openings
6. See that you also attach a hook for hanging. Leave to dry.
7. Cover with any paint. I used water-based wall paint. Leave to dry
8. Design as you wish. I painted with artist acrylic paints and addes some glossy paint. Since I am obsessed with flowers, I painted on my baubles poinsettia